Errai: The browser as a platform

Sunday, May 30, 2010

GWT, CDI and Errai at Jazoon

If you happen to be at Jazoon this year and you are interested in GWT, CDI and Errai then these sessions may be interesting to you:

Patterns and Best Practices for building large GWT applications
Tuesday, 1 June 2010, 14:00-14:50, Arena 3

In this presentation we’ll see how to organize a nontrivial GWT application. We’ll go through the lessons learned in a real world project and take a look the complete development lifecycle and best practices that go beyond what GWT has to offer out-of-the-box. This talk does focus on modularity of GWT applications and how to overcome the burdens of compile-time linking. We’ll talk about client side patterns and server side implementation options and explore different approaches that allow for quick turn around times without sacrificing maintainability.

GWT, CDI and JAX-RS: A match made in heaven
Tuesday, 1 June 2010, 15:00-15:50, Arena 3

Every non-trivial GWT application requires integration with the server side. While GWT itself ships with the integration capabilities (i.e GWT RPC) it doesn't go beyond that. Developers have to decide how to build the backend to their GWT applications. While freedom of choice is a good thing, it doesn’t always lead to a good decision. In this session we’ll look at two options, JSR-299 [1] and JSR-311 [2], both part of the EE6 specification and see how they interplay with GWT. We'll discuss the use cases and justifications for each technology see how they are applied in practice by looking at some code examples.

[1] JSR-299: Java Contexts and Dependency Injection for the Java EE platform (CDI) is the new Java standard for dependency injection and contextual lifecycle management.

[2] JSR-311: A that specification defines a set of Java APIs for the development of Web services built according to the Representational State Transfer[1] (REST) architectural style.



The complete schedule can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting! Is there any chance that there will be videos of these sessions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately not. but I've out the slides online. if you have specific questions, just send to the users list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy being Herpes free now. It was a sad incident that was announced to me after the check up in the hospital and I was diagnosed of HSV 2. I thank God now for using Dr.odey Abang to cure my virus. I'm not ashamed to say this because no virus of such can be detected in me. I'm Charlotte from Columbia. I thought about it many Times when I heard about this Herbal cures for Herpes. I was really happy when I came across blogs of comments of Doctors who run cures sicknesses and was comfortable to try Dr. Abang from patients testimony I came across here on my online page. I knew now they are real Africa herbalists who run cures for Herpes. There's every opportunity to be cure with natural herbs, because all medical prescriptions are derived from herbs and roots. Its really hard time living with Herpes on drugs which can't get you cure. I tried this and I can boost of myself now as a woman. I need to be loved not to lost, get your instant cure to all sicknesses from Dr, Odey Abang.
    He cures HSV,HPV,Cancer,low spam count and much more from the evidence I saw 💯 % sure no site effects with active immune booster

    Email him for you cure
    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    WhatsApp/calls
    +2349015049094

    ReplyDelete