If you've been watching our Twitter feed over the past two weeks, you'll notice there have been three different releases. So, what's going on?
2.3.2.Final is a narrowly targeted release that fixes a few bugs, one of which was critical and a regression in 2.3.1.Final. If you're already in production on Errai 2.3 or earlier, we recommend you update to this version of Errai as soon as possible.
2.4.0.Beta1 includes many of the new features and improvements that we originally planned to debut in Errai 3.0. Here's a quick summary.
- Errai UI: Internationalization support, Style Bindings
- Improved two-way data binding module (new declarative binding API, list bindings, support for binding a model property to multiple fields)
- Improved page navigation module (directly use anchors in your templates for page transitions)
- Errai Mobile: The new Cordova module provides access to native hardware. Simply @Inject a Camera object or any other supported hardware component into your client-side classes! We also provide a Maven plugin to simplify building Errai Apps for mobile devices.
- Errai JPA/DataSync: This new module provides automatic support for keeping entities persisted in the browser's offline storage in sync with the server!
- User-controlled code splitting: Simply annotate a bean with @LoadAsync to make use of Errai's asynchronous bean manager.